Guillaume Doki-Thonon (CEO and founder of Reech) and Perle Getten (Investment Associate at Silvr) discussed the new ambitions of DNVBs with regard to influencer marketing campaigns during the webinar “Influence & DNVBs: which strategies work?”
This webinar highlighted:
- Why should you choose influence as a DNVBand which strategy should you choose?
- How can you measure the performance of campaigns?
- What type of remuneration should you choose for your influencers?
- Why should you outsource or keep inhouse the design of your influencer marketing campaigns?
- And tips on how to become an influence expert!
Reech, the pure player that manages and optimizes your influence marketing actions
Influencer marketing agency Reech, founded in 2015, is a pure player in influencer marketing that has developed:
- The Reech Agency, which offers advertisers turnkey campaigns to optimize their influencer marketing actions.
- The Reech Influence Cloud platform, a 100% modular licensed solution for in-house campaign management.
Silvr, the DNVB growth accelerator
Silvr is the most founder-friendly financing solution that supports digital entrepreneurs in their growth. Thanks toOpen Banking, Silvr finances DNVBs, e-tailers, SaaS companies, mobile applications and marketplaces in 24 hours, without additional fees and on a continuous basis.
5 points to remember from this webinar
Decoding influence marketing
- What is influencer marketing? It is the promotion of a product, service or event by content creators (= influencers) on social networks. Of these social networks, Instagram is the leader among influencers and advertisers at 90%, while TikTok is experiencing phenomenal growth.
- Influence is in vogue: 74% of advertisers have run an influence marketing campaign in the last 2 years.
- 60%+ of DNVBs say they are interested in influencer marketing to grow their business. However, companies of all sizes are interested.
How can you run effective campaigns?
- Define your objectives: brand awareness, consideration, purchase, information, etc. These objectives are established according to the level of maturity of your brand. A young brand should capitalize on its brand awareness, while a larger company can invest in a campaign aimed at purchase intent.
- You also need to choose the right influencers for your campaign. The more value your project has, the more likely you are to convince them: in 2020, ⅔ of creators did not like or believe in the proposed projects and therefore turned them down.
- You can insource or outsource the production of your campaigns or keep it inhouse. 63% of advertisers do not rely on an external partner for their influencer marketing campaigns. For example, for low volumes of demand, keeping it inhouse is possible.
- Once it is complete, you should amplify your content, but what does that mean? It's the act of sponsoring content created by your influencer partners. Only 71% of professionals surveyed are aware of amplification. Yet it represents almost 50% of the campaign budget (and a 4x higher impression rate).
How to budget for your influencer marketing campaigns
- ¼ of brands say they have created a specific budget for influence. The influence budget has increased for 78% of companies (all sizes).
- There are two types of contributions in influence, the “Unpaid” one which allows you to establish a relationship with influencers by sending them free products or samples of your brand... In terms of visibility, the Unpaid option requires a massive advertising activation (as with Ads), otherwise it is not very effective(remember what we said about amplification) There is also the “only Paid” choice, which varies according to the influencer type, the size of their audience, their specialty and your market.
- Regarding remuneration: Guillaume Doki-Thonon's advice is to pay your influencers in a hybrid way. By alternating between Paid and Unpaid, the influencer will become loyal to your brand more easily, and will propose better content.
How to calculate the performance and ROI of your campaigns?
- You need a powerful tracking tool to pinpoint the most effective influencers for your needs.
- On the performance side: 53% of advertisers find it difficult to measure the ROI of their influencer marketing campaigns, in particular because of fake accounts. With that in mind, Reech Influence Cloud makes it possible to identify these fake profiles.
- And which KPIs should you track? It varies according to the format, the platform, the promotion, the profile of the influencer, etc. As a general rule: track the engagement rate, and especially theEMV (Earned Media Value) to estimate the value of the campaign in relation to the benefits.
- For tracking: do you know the promo code technique for tracking your campaigns? Assign a promo code per campaign to easily qualify your leads and customers.
Bonus! Here are some tips and things you should know!
- Each click pushed by an influencer brings 4 untracked clicks.
- Recruit well! Opt for business experts – not juniors – to benefit from their network, their knowledge of market prices and the best possible management of negotiations with influencers...
- Incentivizing your influencers with regard to remuneration will help motivate them to create more inspiring and original content.
- It is impossible to make free content by outsourcing your production.
- The copyright of Unpaid Content belongs to the influencers!
To find out more about Reech, click here!
And if you want to find out if your digital business can unlock Silvr funding? Click right here!
To go further, discover this white paper from Reech on the 13 best practices to run your influence campaigns!